Catering to the needs of the clients, we provide Hastelloy C-22
. Hastelloy C-22 is a versatile austenitic nickel-chromium-molybdenum-tungsten alloy with enhanced resistance to pitting, crevice corrosion and stress corrosion cracking. The Hastelloy C-22 also offers optimum resistance to environments where reducing and oxidizing conditions are encountered in process streams. We can offer the Hastelloy C-22 in desired quantities to the clients.
Hastelloy C22, also known as alloy C22, is a versatile austenitic nickel-chromium-molybdenum-tungsten alloy with enhanced resistance to pitting, crevice corrosion and stress corrosion cracking. The high chromium content provides good resistance to oxidizing media while the molybdenum and tungsten content give good resistance to reducing media. This nickel steel alloy also has excellent resistance to oxidizing aqueous media including wet chlorine and mixtures containing nitric acid or oxidizing acids with chlorine ions. Other corrosives Hastelloy C-22 has resistance to are oxidizing acid chlorides, wet chlorine, formic and acetic acids, ferric and cupric chlorides, sea water, brine and many mixed or contaminated chemical solutions, both organic and inorganic. This nickel alloy also offers optimum resistance to environments where reducing and oxidizing conditions are encountered in process streams. This is beneficial in multi- purpose plants where such “upset” conditions occur frequently.
This nickel alloy resists the formation of grain-boundary precipitates in the weld heat-affected zone, thus making it suitable for most chemical process applications in the as-welded condition. Alloy C-22 should not be used in service temperatures above 1250o
F due to the formation of detrimental phases which form above this temperature.
- Pipe & Tube (welded & seamless)
- Fittings (i.e. flanges, slip-ons, blinds, weld-necks, lapjoints, long welding necks, socket welds, elbows, tees, stub-ends, returns, caps, crosses, reducers, and pipe nipples)
- Resistant to pitting, crevice corrosion and stress corrosion cracking
- Outstanding resistance to both reducing and oxidizing media
- Excellent resistance to oxidizing aqueous media
- Exceptional resistance to a wide variety of chemical process environments including strong oxidizers such as ferric acids, acetic anhydride, and seawater and brine solutions
- Resists the formation of grain-boundary precipitates in the weld heat-affected zone
- Excellent weldability
- Desalination Equipment
- Chemical process pressure vessels, piping and heat exchangers
- Marine Applications
- FLUE Gas Scrubbing Equipment
- Pulp & Paper Mill Equipment
- Offshore Oil production/technology
- Oil and gas industry equipment
Mechanical Properties Typical Room Temperature Tensile Properties of Annealed Material